1. Good music. I walk around saying "radiohead radiohead radiohead" like a zombie, but they're actually not my favorite band. My most favorite band of all freaking time is The Black Crowes, and I've never given them any blog love. So here you go: My all time favorite song ever. Southern rock banjo piano goodness.
3. My best friend. We are a little bit of a bad influence on each other.. which last night caused my husband to say "I can tell you two have spent the day together." I wish we got to spend more days together.
4. The laptop my husband bought from a co-worker on a whim for $100. It sure beats sitting in front of my desktop from 11:00-2:00 am every night.
5. The holy trinity: Crab rangoon, buffalo wings and queso dip
6. Fall. God I love fall. I love sitting on the deck in the cool weather with aforementioned laptop. I love it as a backdrop for my book. I love it as entertainment for my children.
8. Stephanie Meyer. Seriously. Because her wildly popular, controversial, loved, hated, copied, parodied and otherwise famous series has put YA in the spotlight and opened up doors for lots of other authors. Plus without her, I would never have been exposed to the insanity that is KStew Wants It, or seen Pocket Edward compose refrigerator poetry, and we wouldn't get brilliant SNL sketches like this one:
ETA: After I posted, I saw an interesting post about the series by David Zahir.
9. Health. We are by and large a healthy family, and we definitely take it for granted.
10. My family and friends. Not one of them has laughed at me since I've gotten back into writing, at least to my face, and for that I am eternally grateful.
My tagged victims are, in no particular order:
- Natalie, for the win with the best blog name ever: Relaxing Doesn't Make Babies (But Apparently Neither Does Sex)
- Where the Sarah Things Are
- Trin at Pink Sugar Craftnicles
- Mandy, my candidate for mom of the year
- Mitzi, my fellow warrior in the non-profit world
- Raychel at Forget a Fork In The Road
and some writer friends-- since last week I linked basically everyone I know from AW, today I just linked awesome ladies I've talked to recently via Twitter, etc. Totally logical, right?