Lauren Leto wrote this hilarious post about stereotyping people by the books they read. According to her, I am:
a smart geek who types like this: OMG. Mah fAvvv <3 <3. My favorite color is hunter green and I was an 11th grader who peed my pants while watching the movie It. I'm also a man who can’t lie but will instead be silent if I know you don’t want to hear the truth, a girl who interns at Nylon but ends up moving back to the Midwest for my real job, and a female high-school French teacher who has their master’s degree.
The Guardian posted their favourite neologisms of the last 10 years (British spelling theirs). Some of mine include
- get corrugated ankles (UK campus) to get drunk
- glomp (US campus) to jump and hug someone from behind (I knew that was a real word!)
- meh (US, from "The Simpsons") boring, apathetic or unimpressive
- J.Lo (Wall Street) the rounding bottom in a stock's price chart
- Picasso porn (US) the scrambled signal of a pornographic cable channel as seen by a nonsubscriber, And my very favorite:
- menoporsche (UK) the phenomenon of middle-aged men attempting to recapture their lost youth by buying an expensive sports car
I loved the Baby Sitters Club as a kid. L-O-V-E-D. So the blog What Claudia Wore entertained me for far longer than it should have.
I always wanted to be Claudia. Pretty sure I was actually Janine.
Totally unrelated to writing, but this octopus is more coordinated than me. Maybe smarter, too.
Drunk Incredible Hulk has his own Twitter feed, giving us such wisdom as "WHEN YOU SEE ONLY ONE SET FOOTPRINT! THAT WHEN DRUNK HULK TOTALLY CARRY YOU!" and "SHAME OPRAH RETIRE! NOW HOW DRUNK HULK KNOW WHAT BOOK TO READ! DRUNK HULK NO BE THIS LOST SINCE PIZZA HUT STOP BOOK CLUB!" and "DRUNK HULK HOLIDAY TO ISLAND OF LESBOS HAVE SERIOUS LACK OF HOT GIRL ON GIRL ACTION! DRUNK HULK WANT MONEY BACK!"
And in a completely inappropriate segueway: Laurie Halse Anderson reminds everyone that the term "gay" should not be used as an insult, and reminded me why I freaking love Wanda Sykes. (In case that's too subtle, I'll give it to you Drunk Hulk-style: DON'T USE GAY TO MEAN STUPID UNLESS YOU WANT TO MARK YOURSELF AS A COMPLETE MORON. Please also apply said lesson to the words "retard" and "retarded.")
Finally, in exciting personal news, the girls at YA Highway invited me to join their team! Starting in January, I'll be doing Field Trip Fridays and some other posts with them. Thanks ladies!