What is it? Post two of anything: book reviews, pictures, quotes, poems, songs, videos, rants, shout outs, whatever floats your boat. Just connect them somehow. That's it.
Today: Award time!
The lovely and talented Becca Rogers awarded me the "A is for Awesome" award! I'm passing it on to:
--> Kaitlin, who has kept me sane during the querying process.
--> Cory, who reminded me I haven't updated my blog in several days.
--> Friends Mandy and Drew, who are some of the most amazing parents I've ever seen. I know a blog award is a ridiculously lame gesture in their case.
In a similarly lame gesture, I'd also like to give it to my friend Anne, whose amazing is apparent from her blog, but I'm not sure how she feels about having that link posted publicly. So.... Anne, if you read this-- you're awesome! :)
Three lovely ladies were nice enough to give me the "Versatile Blogger" award-- thanks Karla, Holly and Angie!
I'm supposed to share 7 random facts about myself before I pass this on, so...
1. I don't like berries. Of any kind.
2. Six years of elementary school in St. Louis couldn't kill my southern accent.
3. Math is my arch nemesis.
4. I like to hike. I hate to run.
5. My girlfriends and I went to choir camp every summer during junior high.
6. One summer, my husband (then-fiance) and I drove I-40 in its entirely: Arkansas to California and back, then to North Carolina and back again. Then we spent 3 months in Europe!
7. It turns out I make awesome fried zucchini. Who knew?
Okay, so passing this on:
--> Kirsten, because her recent road trip makes me want to get in the car and go. anywhere.
--> Kathleen, who is a talented designer in addition to her writing.
--> Michelle S., whose MG book is a-freaking-mazing.
--> Michelle H., who deserves an award for surviving the tragic young RPattz photo I sent her the other night. (I'm going to recommend no one click this link. Or this one. Seriously.)
I'm off to use some eye bleach. Go forth and award!