Although my official day job title is "publicist," I spend most of my work hours doing design. This week, I've been frantically finishing up posters and programs for a major event on Saturday, which reminded me of two things:
1) My powers of visualization = nil. Zero. Zilch. If there's not an inspiration piece in front of me, we're hosed.
2) I promised myself that when I got an agent, I'd build myself a real website. Please see point one for the problem.
So! Once this work event is over, I'll be trolling the internet looking for inspiration, but I'm hoping you'll help me out.
- What are your favorite writer websites or blogs, both in appearance and in content?
- What do you think every writer's website should have?
- Stick with Sphere of Domesticity? I feel like it makes me sound old. Which I kind of am. But not that old.
- What about FAQs? Do I need those? If so, will you ask me some so I can pretend like they're frequent?
In other words, please leave me links, suggestions, questions and other advice in the comments.
And because I'm not above bribery:
I'll randomly choose one comment to
win a $15 gift card to the online bookseller of your choice.