December 17, 2014
Last month, fellow Sweet Sixteener Jeff Garvin, author of the upcoming YA debut Symptoms of Being Human, tagged me in a blog hop called "Terrible Titles." The rules: Scroll through your manuscript and stop in random places. Whatever your cursor lands on becomes one of eight terrible titles.
So. In the event that After the Fall requires a new moniker, some contenders might be...
1) Spencer the Friendly Drunk
2) Parents Handing Him Everything
3) Getting You a Beer You Don’t Need, Remember?
4) In the Crotch With the Football
5) Don't Tell Me This Town Ain't Got No Heart
6) closed, small and sad
7) Cowboy Up. She Seriously Said That.
8) Pringles Duck Beak
and because I can't count, bonus options:
9) Like Christmas Threw Up All Over It
10) Thanks For… Stuff.
Solid choices, not gonna lie.
And now I am tagging Sixteener Samantha Mabry, friend and compatriot Sarah Enni, and the first three awesome ladies I saw when I opened TweetDeck: Aisha Saeed, Katy Upperman, and Courtney Summers.